The STEP Academy Trust has one remaining place available for the 2013–2014 Schools Direct teacher training programme (salaried). Working in partnership with EQualitas, we are looking for an exceptional person to join us as trainee teachers. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Grades B and above in English, Maths and Science, and A–C grades at A-level.
- A 2:1 honours degree or better.
- Experience of working in a school.
Candidates need to show that they are:
- Resilient, creative, have an affinity with children, are independent learners, self-motivated, organised, responsive to feedback, enjoy learning, are able to cope with setbacks, show initiative.
- Have found out about the realities of teaching, the curriculum, and made an informed decision whether to train for primary or secondary.
- Candidates should have the potential to gain a postgraduate academic qualification (PGCE at Masters level).
For more information about the application process, please visit the EQualitas website http://www.e-qualitas.org.uk/. The second round of applications closes on Monday 25th February.
If you wish to arrange a visit to one of our Academies, please contact Cheryl Gilbert, The STEP Academy Company Secretary, on 0208 684 4006.
To find out more about the Schools Direct programme and to apply, go to: http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/school-based-training/school-direct