The STEP Academy Trust has five salaried places available for the 2014 – 2015 School Direct teacher training programme; four general primary (ages 5 – 11), and one EYFS / KS1 specific. Working in partnership with EQualitas, we are looking for five exceptional people to join us as trainee teachers. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Grades B and above in English, Maths and Science and A – C grades at A-level.
- A 2:1 honours degree or better.
- Experience of working in a school.
Candidates need to show that they are:
- Resilient, creative, have an affinity with children, are independent learners, self-motivated, organised, responsive to feedback, enjoy learning, are able to cope with setbacks, show initiative.
- Have found out about the realities of teaching, the curriculum, and made an informed decision whether to train for primary or secondary.
- Candidates should have the potential to gain a postgraduate academic qualification (PGCE at Masters level).
Applications open on Thursday 21st November via the UCAS website. However, interested candidates are invited to forward their CVs prior to this date. Please forward CVs or send any enquiries to: email@example.com
To arrange a visit to one of our schools, please contact Cheryl Gilbert, the STEP Academy company secretary, on 0208 684 4006.
For more information about the application process and to apply, please visit the UCAS website:
For more information about our training provider, go to the EQualitas website:
To find out more about the School Direct programme go to: