STEP Admissions and Appeals
CONSULTATION ON PROPOSAL TO VARY THE DETERMINED ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE SEPTEMBER 2022 INTAKE
This consultation will run from 9 November 2020 to 21 December 2020
STEP Academy Trust has commenced Consultation on the variation to the 2022 admission arrangements for the following STEP Academies located in South London:
- Beddington Park Academy – Sutton
- Benedict Academy – Merton
- Park Academy – Merton
- Tudor Academy – Croydon
- Westbridge Academy – Wandsworth
The school Admissions Code, December 2014, requires admission authorities to publicly consult where changes are proposed to admission arrangements.
This consultation seeks stakeholder’s views and comments. Please see below the documents in relation to the consultation and information on how to submit your views.
Beddington Park Academy
- Beddington Park Academy Consultation Letter
- Beddington Park Academy Questionnaire
- Beddington Park Academy Proposed Admission Policy 2022-2023
- Beddington Park Academy Category 2 Medical Need Form
- Beddington Park Academy Category 4 Nursery Children Form
- Beddington Park Academy Outside Age Group Form
- Benedict Academy Consultation Letter
- Benedict Academy Questionnaire
- Benedict Academy Proposed Admission Policy 2022-2023
- Benedict Academy Category 2 Medical Need Form
- Benedict Academy Category 4 Nursery Children Form
- Benedict Academy Outside Age Group Form
- Park Academy Consultation Letter
- Park Academy Questionnaire
- Park Academy Proposed Admission Policy 2022-2023
- Park Academy Category 2 Medical Need Form
- Park Academy Outside Age Group Form
- Tudor Academy Consultation Letter
- Tudor Academy Questionnaire
- Tudor Academy Proposed Admission Policy 2022-2023
- Tudor Academy Category 2 Medical Need Form
- Tudor Academy Category 4 Nursery Children Form
- Tudor Academy Outside Age Group Form
- Westbridge Academy Consultation Letter
- Westbridge Academy Questionnaire
- Westbridge Academy Proposed Admission Policy 2022-2023
- Westbridge Academy Category 2 Medical Need Form
- Westbridge Academy Category 4 Nursery Children Form
- Westbridge Academy Outside Age Group Form
Your feedback must be submitted no later than 21 December 2020.
Welcome to STEP Academy Trust and thank you for your interest in educating your child at one of our Academies. The following notes are designed to provide guidance on enquiries or applications for places.
STEP Academy Trust is the admission authority for the Academies within the Trust and the allocation of school places has been delegated to the Local Authority School Admissions Teams.
We welcome visits to our Academies before application and are flexible in trying to ensure you can look around at a mutually convenient time. Please telephone the Academy office to make an appointment with a member of the admissions team. If possible, we will try to arrange for a member of the Senior Leadership Team to be available for further questions. Please check each Academy’s website for further details.
Applications for Reception places at one of our South London STEP Academies will be made in accordance with the Pan London coordinated admission arrangements administered by the Local Authority School Admissions team.
Applications for Reception places at one of our East Sussex STEP Academies will be made in accordance with the East Sussex County Council coordinated admission arrangements.
Information on our Academies is displayed on their website. The Academies will use the timetable specified by the Local Authority each year and published annually to parents for admissions of pupils to primary schools. For detailed information, please check the local authority website.
In year admissions (those that take place to all other year groups) are made as places become available. In recent years there have been very few places available for ‘in year’ admissions at our academies. However, you still make a formal application to your home Local Authority and your child’s name will be added to the waiting list for the academy of your choice.
Consideration of Applications
Applications are considered for reception places annually. For ‘in year’ admissions, applications are considered as soon as a place becomes available.
Waiting lists are maintained by the LA and all enquiries should be made to them. Children on waiting lists are ranked according to the priority they have under the published admission arrangements. Waiting lists do not operate on a ‘first come first served’ basis; if new applicants have a higher priority, they will be ranked higher than those who have been on the list for some time.
Each September, parents/carers of children in Year 6, are able to apply for secondary school places for the following year. For detailed information, please check the Local Authority website.
Parents/carers who are not offered a place for their child will be entitled to appeal to an independent committee under the provisions of the:
A service level agreement has been taken out with Local Authority Independent Appeals Services and Clerks Associates to carry out the role of clerk to administer appeals hearings.
Information about the appeals process can be located under the Appeals section on the Academy website.