Working for STEP Academy Trust
If you have the commitment to transform children’s lives then take a look at our latest vacancies.
- Heathfield Academy Ofsted Inspection, May 2019
- Comment from STEP trust-wide staff well-being survey
Apprenticeships support young people to make the transition into the world of work. Please see below for further information.
STEP Apprenticeship programmes include:
- Teaching Assistant
- Office Administration
- ICT Technician
- Sports Coach
Please see below current Apprenticeship opportunities:
- STEP HR Apprentice Advert
- STEP HR Apprentice Job Description & Person Specification
- STEP Application Form – Apprentice
- STEP Apprentice ICT Technician, East Sussex
- STEP Apprentice ICT Technician Job Description & Person Specification – East Sussex
- STEP Apprentice ICT Technician, South London
- STEP ICT Technician Job Description & Person Specification – South London
- STEP Application Form – ICT Apprentice
Continuous Professional Development
We care about our employees benefiting from learning that enhances their skills and abilities and help them achieve their career goals.
We want to create opportunities and develop our staff through offering:
- Training days throughout the year
- Opportunities for NQTs
- The opportunity to work collaboratively to share best practice and expertise across the Trust
- Accredited and bespoke training programmes run by external providers, such as NPQH for those looking to progress in leadership roles
- STEP Ahead Teaching School
The STEP Ahead Teaching School Hub is STEP Academy Trust’s teaching hub. The teaching hub works both within and outside the Trust to improve the quality of education by focusing on training and developing our teachers.
The aim of the teaching hub is to make our teachers as effective as possible so that the pupils who attend STEP Academies get the very best quality of education possible.
STEP Ahead Teaching School Hub works in partnership to helps schools and Trusts across the South East region to improve the quality of teaching.
Benefits of working for STEP Academy Trust
We understand that our staff are at the heart of what we do.
Our offer to you:
- Benenden Health Service offers you a range of health and well-being services
- Perkbox offers a range of employee perks and benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme – a service provided through Perkbox – 24/7, 365 days a year confidential support
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
An EAP is a confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with any personal and work related issues that might be affecting you.
Whether you’re struggling at home or at work, our helpline is available 24/7, 365 days a year so you’ll always have the support you need.
Health and Wellbeing
STEP view mental health equally important to physical health.
Our Mental Health First Aiders are a point of contact if you are concerned about, experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress. They can give you initial support and signpost you to appropriate help if required.
Contact a Mental Health First Aider for a confidential, supportive and non-judgemental conversation.